I’d like to start this post off by thanking Recovering Porn Addict for the nomination. It is quite an honor for him to have nominated me after only being active for a couple of weeks. I excitedly told someone close to me about this and their first response was to tell me to make sure someone wasn’t “pulling my leg”… I had to do some research at that point regarding what this nomination entailed due to being a little naive to how this all works. Safe to say that no one can pull your leg with this one though!
THE LIEBSTER, DEFINED.
- The Liebster Award only exists on the internet, and is only given to bloggers from other bloggers.
- It has German origins – the word “liebster” has several definitions: dearest, sweetest, kindest, nicest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, welcome, sweetheart and boyfriend.
- It follows similar principles as a chain letter, in the sense that it should be passed forward to a certain number of people.
- The choice lies within each of us to ACCEPT it and continue PAYING IT FORWARD, or to refuse to accept it, thereby STOPPING or INTERRUPTING the chain.
- Variations have been made over time to the “rules”.
- Marketing plays a role in accepting this award, as other bloggers are promoted.
- It is said that the Liebster award was created to recognize and/or discover new bloggers and welcome them to the blogosphere.
HERE ARE THE RULES FOR THE LIEBSTER AWARD…
- Create a new post thanking the person who nominated you, provide a link to their blog.
- Include award graphic.
- Answer the questions provided.
- Make a new set of 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Nominate a few recently followed bloggers and share your post with them so they see it.
What was your initial goal in starting your blog?
My mind is constantly going… all day. Non-stop. It’s great for the type of work that I do, but at points, I honestly feel that I kind of drive people crazy because I’m always overanalyzing things in my mind. Writing has always been my escape and positive outlet, but the thing that writing in my journals lacks is feedback. Granted, some things are too personal and I really wouldn’t want the world’s feedback in those areas, but when it comes to the more general concepts pertaining to life and happiness, I think we would all benefit from having a fresh pair of eyes and ears giving us feedback to the thoughts that constantly plague our minds. Ergo, the blog began.
Has that goal changed? If so, how?
That goal has definitely not changed. I plan to use this as an outlet for myself and hopefully open up a space for individuals to have a dialogue about the things that make them who they are/their experiences what they are/their life what it is meant to be.
Do you see yourself blogging for years to come?
I would hope so! I honestly wish I had more time to read blogs and write them as well, but I’m hoping that the future I continue creating for myself will have that space set apart.
What was the best piece of advice you ever received?
“Believe in love like the hopeless romantic you are.”
What is one thing you would like to change about our society?
Social media. I’m glad I still grew up knowing a time that did not revolve around constantly comparing each other to unrealistic standards. I fear for the generations that are now developing their identity solely online. The need for instant validation, instant gratification, and constant dissatisfaction with the “now”… It all scares me to think of how these kids will deal with life.
If you could magically make a 15-second phone call to the person you were 10 years ago, but not say who you were, what would you say?
“Look at what is in front of you and know that nothing else matters. Allow yourself to be happy each and every moment you get a chance to be. Remember that truly loving someone is allowing them to do what they need to in order to be the best version of themselves that they can be.”
What is the biggest misconception people have about you?
People used to assume that I wasn’t sensitive. I feel that’s not so much the case anymore though.
If you could go back and do things differently, would you? When would that be, knowing that from that point forward, everything you’ve experienced will change?
There are obviously different painful experiences that I have been through… as well as the ones that I have put loved ones through as well… but I honestly feel that through all those times, I learned more about myself than I would have if everything would have gone ideally. Without a “dragon to slay” there would be no “knights”… without mud, there would be no lotus… without the shitty times, there would be no real growth.
What is a great movie that you think doesn’t get enough credit?
Interview with the Vampire… Simply because I love the book.
Nietzsche said: “That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil.” What do you think he meant by that?
Love can transcend beyond good and evil. When something is done out of love, “good and evil” cease to exist.
Your 10 Questions:
- How do you chose the topics that you write about on your blog?
- What is the most meaningful interaction you have had thus far through your blog?
- What is your favorite book and why?
- Describe the person you looked up to the most growing up and why?
- Do you believe that “love conquers all?”
- If you only had one phone call to make prior to dying right at this moment, who would you call and what would you want to say to them?
- What is a memory that you recall fondly or often?
- What are you most attracted to in a significant other?
- What is your favorite genre of music?
- What is something embarrassing about you?
And the Nominees Are…
Thank you again to Recovering Porn Addict for the nomination. It is an honor 🙂
Keepin It Stealth,
Pingback: LIEBSTER AWARD! – Whisper
Congratulations. Your response to question number 6 is beautiful. All the best in 2018.
LikeLiked by 2 people
Congratulations! You have a great blog 🙂
LikeLiked by 2 people
Thank you for the kind words 😊
LikeLiked by 1 person